2020 has started and is well on its way. What will make this year different from the last year or the previous years? If you have set goals for the year, you have taken a very good and important step, but you cannot afford to stop there. Let this be the year that you actually bring those goals to life.
This year, take a chance on yourself.
I know what you’re thinking: What if your plans don’t turn out the way you intended? What if people misunderstand you or even laugh at you? What if you make mistakes in the process? Yes, it is possible that the final outcome of your plans would be different from what you intended, but that’s not always a bad thing. Things will always fall into place somehow, if you try. You will never move from where you are if you do not take a chance on yourself.
If you do not take a chance on yourself, why should anyone take a chance on you?
If you’re feeling timid or unsure, you can take one or more of these following easy steps to get started and take a chance on yourself:
- Tell your closest friends and relatives what you want to do. Saying it loud to someone else helps you to take ownership of it and also keeps you accountable to the people closer to you.
- Start a new hobby in line with what you want to do. Even if the end point is to make it a full-time venture, you can start it as a hobby or an avocation.
- Volunteer to help others who are already doing something you would like to do. Most people would be delighted to share their knowledge with someone and have someone help them out.
- Enrol for a course, seminar or training. Put your money where your heart is. This will also build your courage and confidence.
- Work with a professional coach or join/create an accountability circle or peers. This will help you to stay accountable.
This year, take a chance on yourself. This is my prayer for you:
May the Lord send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Zion. May he remember all your gifts and look favourably on your burnt offerings. May he grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed. (Amen). Psalms 20:2-4, New Living Translation