The holiday season is here! We have been talking about many serious and important things, and now it’s time to be intentional about taking a break. Taking a break is serious business, too! Afterall, there’s time for everything, right? Well, we have come to the time of rest, play and reconnecting. Personally, I have earmarked some days in December where all I want to do is enjoy the holiday season in every way possible.
Here are a few ways to make the most of this wonderful season:
- Jesus. The central event this holiday is Christmas and the One at the centre of it all is Jesus Christ. Take the time to reacquaint yourself with the Christmas story in all its forms: read it in the Bible, read the fictionalized versions, watch a movie, listen to hymns, carol and songs. Draw closer to Jesus, He is not just the reason for the season, He is the Reason. Full stop.
- Love. This is the season of love in every form. Love yourself and love others. And a great part of loving is forgiving. Has someone offended you? Let it go. Have you disappointed yourself? Let it go, too. This is an awesome gift you can give yourself this season.
- Share. Be quick to share what you have with people; it could be your time, your financial resources, your talents or just your company. Share with your family, with friends and colleagues and also with those who are less-privileged.
- Rejuvenate. Do something just for the fun of it. Indulge in a hobby. Do a lot of laughing. Take the time to unwind. Be deliberate about enjoying yourself. Everyone has had a long year in one way or another. Take the time to rest and renew yourself ahead of next year. Have fun in the way that feels good to you, whether it’s with others or doing something by yourself.
- Connect. Get in touch with family and friends. Reconnect with people, play together and feast together. We’re communal and social beings and having fun together spices up the merriment.
Have a Lifeaholic Holiday Season!